Opening: Gödel, Escher, Bach & Van Kerckhoven & live music
Please join us for a full programme with four exhibitions, two openings, a podcast launch and an international music programme at the former US embassy in The Hague. Tickets: 5 euro > https://tinyurl.com/Ticket-GEB
Doors open: 19:00 hrs.
– GÖDEL, ESCHER, BACH: 36 International artists
– DEEP INCOHERENCE: Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven
– 8810 TAMPA AVENUE: Marc Trujillo & Jurriaan Benschop
– ALPHABETUM XIII: Le Livre de Mallarmé
– PODCAST TAKING ART APART: Yael Keijzer & Rosa Zangenberg
MUSIC PROGRAMME curated by Alex Andropoulos
– SUZAN PEETERS: Solo performance on accordion, impressively demonstrating her meticulous skills as a musician and her unique haunting music, through a very visual performance.
– AGORA: Temporal bursts of guitar rhythm and seemingly accidental musicality, make up of a myriad of elements seemingly working individually for their own purpose, though in fact functioning as part of a bigger picture.
– DIALECT: Extremely layered collage of meticulously woven field recordings, poetry, electronic musical creations and complicated instrumentation. The result is dreamlike music, with what feel like emotions, memories and fantasies from past, present and future.
– ALTO FUERO is the eccentric and fantastical techno duo with a musical kinship based around their common interest in folklore, the aesthetic of fairytales, absurdist symbolism, and the blurred line between the real and the surreal. These elements are heavily explored and expressed in their music through the use of bizzare samples, Spanish poetry, and an at times heavily manipulated voice.
More info: www.westdenhaag.nl